Retiring Is Easy, Staying Retired Is Difficult.
We Specialize In Keeping You Retired.
We’re Back: Catching Up, Climbing The Retirement Mountain, and More!
We’re so glad to be back after a brief break. We’ll fill you in on where we’ve been and much more in today’s show. If you’re ready for an adventure, today’s episode is for you! Listen in as we compare retirement planning to climbing a mountain. We talk about preparing wisely, tackling the ups and downs, and even planning your way back down.
We’ve also put together the ultimate retirement planning playlist for you- featuring timeless lyrics that reflect various stages of the planning journey. From setting financial goals to finding purpose in your golden years, this playlist sets the stage for important discussions about crafting your dream retirement.
As always, we’ll kick off the episode with some getting to know you questions before sharing a great quote of the week. For this week’s mailbag question, Meredith from Kearney, Nebraska asks if it’s normal for advisors to be vague about their plans for managing one’s money until they have all the necessary financial information.
For this week’s Retirement Ride Along segment, we’ll chat about our recent trip to New York City.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- Where we’ve been the last month (5:00)
- Get-to-know-you questions: The funniest person you know, becoming magically famous, and more (13:08)
- Quote of the week from Ben Franklin (29:15)
- How to successfully climb the retirement planning mountain (35:48)
- The ultimate retirement planning mixtape (46:28)
- Mailbag: “I’ve interviewed a few different financial advisors, and they’re all very cryptic about what they’re actually going to do with my money. Is this normal? (1:00:06)
- Retirement Ride Along: Matt and Sam’s recent trip to New York City (1:06:48)
Want to contact us?
Call 888-228-8814 or visit us online at https://incomeforlife.org and check out Folds of Honor at https://foldsofhonor.org to support their mission.
Get your free copy of Preparing for Retirement:
Call (888) 228-8814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Links From Today’s Show:
Birdland Jazz Club:
One If By Land Two If By Sea: