Retiring Is Easy, Staying Retired Is Difficult.
We Specialize In Keeping You Retired.
Till Debt Do Us Part: Resolving Financial Tension Between Couples
Money can’t buy love, but it can certainly start some spicy debates between you and your better half. In this episode, we’re digging into the financial face-offs that make Monopoly fights look like child’s play and exploring some money minefields that can test even the most solid relationships. Listen in as we explore how to resolve some of the most common financial sources of tension between couples.
We kick off the episode by answering some fun get-to-know-you questions and sharing a quote of the week by Robert Kiyosaki. We also look at a MarketWatch article that discusses the idea of “periodic retirements” or intentional work breaks instead of a traditional retirement. For this week’s mailbag question, Bruce asks if he should stop contributing to his 401(k) because he fears a recession. We’ll wrap up this episode by talking about our recent trip to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic.
Here’s what we’ll discuss on today’s show:
- Get-to-know-you questions: Random subjects you know a lot about, high school fashion trends + why would you hypothetically be arrested? (6:24)
- MarketWatch Article: What is “periodic retirement” and how might it benefit those who don’t know what they want in retirement? (17:42)
- Main topic: Differing views on risk tolerance and investments. (24:19)
- Main topic: What is your vision for an ideal retirement lifestyle? (28:35)
- Main topic: Disagreeing on financial management. (33:20)
- Mailbag: I fear a recession… should I stop contributing to my 401(k)? (35:12)
- Retirement Ride Along: Matt and Sam’s trip to Detroit. (37:46)
Want to contact us?
Get your free copy of Preparing for Retirement:
Call (888) 228-8814 or email email@example.com
Links From Today’s Show:
The Statler (Ask for Kayla):
Prime and Proper:
The Whitney (Ask for Reagan):