Retiring Is Easy, Staying Retired Is Difficult.
We Specialize In Keeping You Retired.
Grandma’s Financial Wisdom
Welcome back to The Income For Life Show! Yes, you read that title right. In today’s episode, we’ll explore how the world of finance can be illuminated by the insightful sayings of our grandmothers. Many of us have fond memories of our grandparents’ amusing expressions, so we’ll delve into five entertaining examples and uncover the nuggets of financial wisdom they hold.
We kick off the episode by answering some fun get-to-know-you questions and sharing a quote of the week by Charles Barkley. We also look at a MarketWatch article that talks about planning a fun a memorable trip with your grandkids and share the article’s tips with you. This week’s retirement ride-along segment features our trip to Phoenix, Arizona, where we went to visit Matt’s daughter. Then, we’ll dive into the mailbag and answer some listener questions!
Here’s what we’ll discuss on today’s show:
- Get to know you questions: pet peeves, new year’s resolutions, enjoying the winter months, and more. (6:45)
- MarketWatch Article: Tips for planning a fun and memorable trip with your grandkids. (18:25)
- Grandma’s wisdom: When it rains it pours. (31:55)
- Grandma’s wisdom: A bad apple spoils the whole barrel. (33:42)
- Grandma’s wisdom: If your friends jump off a bridge would you too? (36:09)
- Retirement Ride-Along: Matt and Sam’s trip to Phoenix, Arizona. (38:03)
- Mailbag segment: Living off an annuity or moving it into a different investment account. (1:06:38)
Want to contact us?
Get your free copy of Preparing for Retirement:
Call (888) 228-8814 or email email@example.com
Links From Today’s Show:
Century Grand Bar:
Quiessence at the Farm: