Retiring Is Easy, Staying Retired Is Difficult.
We Specialize In Keeping You Retired.
A Comprehensive Dismantling of Social Security Myths in 2023
Have you ever wondered if the Social Security system will run out of money before you retire? Or if claiming benefits as soon as you’re eligible is the best decision for your financial future? Unfortunately, there are a lot of Social Security myths out there. Join us today as we set the record straight, debunk common myths about Social Security and answer the questions you’ve been curious about.
Listen in as Matt and Sam answer some get-to-know-you questions and share a quote of the week by Woody Allen. We will also look at a recent MarketWatch article that discusses a study revealing that older individuals are more fearful of running out of money in retirement than they are of death. For this week’s retirement ride-along segment, Matt and Sam will talk about the recent trip they took to Kansas City. Stay tuned to hear about this fun adventure filled with charcuterie boards, wine bars and restaurants galore!
Here’s what we’ll discuss on today’s show:
- Get-to-know-you: What’s the most flattering comment you’ve ever received? (5:25)
- MarketWatch article: The 8 greatest retirement fears. (23:55)
- Myth: The Social Security Administration will help you decide the best time to take your benefit. (33:45)
- Myth: There won’t be any Social Security benefits left when I retire. (36:43)
- Myth: You can’t work and receive Social Security benefits at the same time. (40:24)
Matt and Sam reflect on their recent trip to Kansas City. (47:00)
Links From Today’s Show:
Retirement Ride-Along Photos: https://www.facebook.com/WhereSafetyMatters/photos_albums
Want to contact us?
Get your free copy of Preparing for Retirement:
Call (888) 228-8814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org